This is a quick summary of how we work, for the majority of our projects where there is a clear aim or objective:
1. We will have a short conversation with you by phone or email where we can get an understanding of what you want to achieve, and to arrange an initial consultation at your site or property. Often, this will be followed by a quick search on aerial photos or street view images if available, just in case we can spot anything that may get in the way of what you want to do.
2. We will visit you free of charge at your site or property and ascertain how we can meet your requirements within the constraints of the building, its surroundings and your budget. From here we will formulate a plan, upon which we can base our fee proposal.
3. We will then produce a detailed written proposal outlining our understanding of your requirements, how we can meet those requirements and also highlight any areas of concern or things you may need to be aware of along the way. We will explain the process that we need to follow, including any necessity for planning applications, building regulations approvals, other statutory consents and any applicable fees to be paid to third parties. We will then outline the service(s) we propose to provide in order to address these requirements, and give a fixed fee for each service.
4. At this point you can decide whether you would like to go ahead with the project, compare proposals you have received from any other consultants and decide whether you would like to use our services – everything up to this point remains free of charge.
5. If you decide you would like to use our services, simply return the order form enclosed with your proposal along with your deposit, and we will contact you to arrange a suitable time to carry out a measured survey of your site or property and commence work on the design.
6. Once we have completed the initial design we will visit you again to explain the drawings in detail with you and discuss any other options that may be available. From here, we will continue to develop the design until you are completely satisfied that the scheme reflects your requirements (within the constraints of the site / building).
7. With your approval, we will prepare and submit any applications for planning permission, building regulations approval, etc. and act as your agent in this process to ensure that any queries are dealt with swiftly and effectively in order to avoid any delays or complications.
8. Once we have received approval / decision notices for the above applications, we will advise you accordingly and provide copies of these and the approved drawings for your files, to obtain tenders from building contractors and for your building contractor to work from. If required, we can invite and vet tenders on your behalf, prepare and administer building contracts and manage the whole project for you.
If you like the sound of how we work, call us on 01903 205868 or visit our contact page to send us an email. We will be happy to discuss your project further, and to arrange a consultation.