Internal alterations to a property will not require planning permission (unless it’s a listed building, then listed building consent will be required), but will often require approval under the Building Regulations. This is true particularly when you are making structural alterations, altering drainage, or affecting a house to which other requirements apply, e.g. fire safety requirements. If in doubt – give us a call, we’ll be happy to tell you what you need to do.

In any case, sometimes it’s difficult to visualise how your alterations are going to work out without drawing up some accurate plans and being able to see the whole house in one go. We’ll be happy to do this for you, and at the same time we can advise you on any other things you need to think about. We can call in our Structural Engineer to determine exactly what you need to do in order to knock through a wall, etc. and handle approvals under the Building Regulations if required. We also have a number of local, reputable builders we can call upon to give you a quote, once the extent of work required is confirmed.

To discuss your project further or to arrange a consultation, please call us on 01903 205868 or fill in the form on our contact page and we’ll get back to you without delay.